ECHOMAC® ULTRASONIC ROTARIES
Ultrasonic Rotary Mechanisms for High Speed Testing of Round Bar and Tubular Products
MAC Rotary units are manufactured in several sizes, to inspect products ranging from 5mm to 500mm.
- Oil country tubular goods – test to API 5CT and 5L standards
- Seamless and welded tube
- Heat exchanger tube
- Hydraulic boiler tube
- Umbilical tube for off shore installations
- Large round billets during early stages of production
- Hot rolled bar
- Small diameter highly finished bar and wire
- Specialty steel bars
MAC’s Echomac FD series of instruments, when used in conjunction with our rotaries, provide optimum performance and make up a complete system to test your product.
- 100% Coverage at high throughput rates.
- Multiplex transducer design allows lower noise signals and up to 48 transducer elements.
- Local remote pulser/receiver allows high gain and provides low susceptibility to mill electrical interference.
- Multiple transducer elements can simultaneously test in different directions such as CW, CCW, FWD, REV, as well as measure wall thickness and detect laminations.
- Precision test blocks and transducer holders ensure accurate positioning to detect small defects, even at high throughput speeds.
- Seal-less rotaries reduce likelihood of damage from grit and other mill contaminants
MAC’s 25mm Rotary also features convenient adjustment of the transducer angles and an 8,000 RPM maximum running speed. The overall length of the unit is 630mm, which allows for ease of installation in existing inspection lines. Wall thickness as thin as 0.3mm, and tubes as short as 1 meter, can be successfully tested. A unique water flow control loop ensures the correct volume of water flow for coupling.
MAC designed water packages are also available, to ensure the required clean, temperature controlled water is utilized for your ultrasonic testing needs.