Flux Leakage Tester for Detecting Defects in Hot Rolled Black Steel Bar
- Designed to test hot rolled bar from 10mm to 180mm in diameter.
- Incorporates the latest multiplexing and wireless signal transfer features to minimize noise while maximizing sensitivity.
- Detects longitudinal flaws as small as 0.1mm deep on hot rolled bars and rods.
- Operates up to 900 rpm, depending on product diameter.
- A simple adjustment tool allows for quick resetting for dimensional changes.
- Operates with Rotoflux® AC electronics.
Until recently, MAC® had been testing hot rolled bar with Eddy Current rotaries, which find defects down to 0.2mm deep. Now, new Rotoflux® AC technology extends this capability to finding even smaller defects and to products with surface conditions that often make finding shallow defects very difficult, if not impossible.
The Rotoflux® AC combines superior technology and performance, and offers these additional important features:
- Provides full quadrature detection to preserve phase selectability.
- Choice of all phase and chord gates, similar to a conventional Eddy Current tester.
- New Probe screen offers sensitivity and phase adjustment for each individual channel.
- Features 2 surface ride Probe Arrays consisting of 8 elements, each covering 160mm per rotation.
- Throughput speed of 2.4m/s (480 FPM). Larger diameters require slower FPM speeds.