ECHOMAC® FD6 MULTICHANNEL UT
For Flaw Detection, Thickness & Dimensional Measurement in Tube & Bar.
- Versatile Ultrasonic tester with superior performance and versatile, intuitive operation.
- For full inspection of tubes, pipes and bars, plate and weld.
- Operate on or off line.
- Upgrade and/or replace older ultrasonic testers.
- Use with rotary, spin-the-tube, squirter and bubbler installations.
- Vivid, real time, flicker free full color display of test signals, thresholds and settings.
- Up to 32 independent channels in one instrument.
- Model 6A is GE Qualified as of 9-6-16 for P3TF31 Class A & B, & P29TF82 Class A & B, typical requirements for nuclear and aerospace applications.
Building on the success and wide acceptance of earlier Echomac® models, the FD-6 and 6A achieve new levels of improved signal to noise ratio, finer adjustments, improved thickness resolution, repeatability, and reliability.
Echomac® screen display of tube wall thickness measurement
- Flaw detection, thickness measurement, dimensional evaluation, eccentricity calculation, weld inspection and characterization.
- Set up and control of all key test parameters on one screen with a click of the mouse or keyboard.
- Thresholds can be moved by selecting and dragging on screen and a “Global” key allows parameters for several channels to be adjusted at once, or copied from one channel to another.
- The chart screen shows strip charting and defect logging of all events, up to 32 channels or functional groups, in live or repl
- ay mode.
- Full tracking of end suppression, defect marking capability, and customizable data retention are included
- Use with MAC’s Echomac® Rotary Ultrasonic Transducer assembly as well as with other existing immersion, bubbler or squirter type and “spin the tube” installations
- Can replace any commercial ultrasonic instrument in almost any application.
- Includes extremely flexible tracking, sorting and recording functionality that enables very close end testing and normalized recording which compensates for the many inspection planes necessary in complex multi-transducer configurations.
For applications that do not require extreme dynamic gain response, the recently improved FD4e Echomac® can be a viable lower priced option. FD4e can be a modern, economical alternative for many everyday UT applications. The FD4e utilizes a spike pulser, but has fixed FPGA functionality.
MAC also offers an Echomac® Small unit. Available with up to eight channels of electronics to detect and evaluate thickness, flaws and eccentricity, this UT tester is housed in a convenient, smaller cabinet. It features a closed loop heat exchanger to ensure proper operating temperature, as well as protection from the outside environment. Echomac® Small can be equipped with an optional monitor and keyboard if required. This instrument can be used in conjunction with bubbler or immersion tank systems, or with a test bench or in laboratory applications. The Echomac® Small is available in the FD4, FD6 or FD6A versions.