MAC offers large, automated multiple test systems that combine different NDT technologies and controls to provide a totally automated, integrated inspection system. By combining different tests, such as eddy current, ultrasonic and/or flux leakage in one system, each technology detects the conditions that it is best suited to find. The result is a superior inspection system, designed to meet the exact specifications of the tube, wire or bar mill and their customers.
Typical multi test systems to inspect welded steel tube might include:
- Echomac® rotary ultrasonic test for detecting transverse and longitudinal flaws, wall thickness and ID/OD dimensions.
- MultiMac® eddy current test for detecting weldline defects
- Varimac® electromagnetic comparator to check grade
- Demagnetizer to eliminate residual magnetism from the eddy current test
- Automatic markers
- Test Bench
- Drive mechanisms
- Conveyor system for incoming and outgoing material, including feed racks, stop arms, accept and reject pockets
- Water chiller and recirculation system for UT test
Using MAC’s “Learn Drive”, “auto-diameter” and other control features, the system can “learn” the diameter of the material, the production line speed and other characteristics, and program itself to automatically time the activation of the test probes or transducers and the operation of the mechanics which position and move the test material through the inspection process. This allows for highly automated non-destructive testing in an industrial environment. Contact MAC at email@example.com to have a Field Engineer visit your plant and discuss an integrated, automatic inspection system for your product.
MULTIPLE TEST SYSTEMS
Shown at left is a large multi test ultrasonic/ eddy current system that has been installed at the Interpipe NTRP steel tube rolling mill in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine. This MAC system includes a 10 channel Echomac® ultrasonic FD-4 and rotary to inspect for longitudinal and transverse defects, and measure dimensions and wall thickness. Also included is a MAC 250 eddy current equipment to detect short surface defects, a Production Comparator to check steel grade, and a Demagnetizer to remove residual magnetism. The automated test system is mounted on a large test bench which includes a slide and elevate mechanism, coil platforms, and drives. MAC also supplied a complete recirculation water package and water chiller for the ultrasonic inspection test, and a bar wash to prepare the tube for testing. The system is designed to handle tube ranging from 1/2″ to 6″ diameter (12.7 mm to 152.4 mm).
Multiple Test System With Ultrasonic Rotary & Transverse & Longitudinal Flux Leakage Testers Shown at left is part of a multi test system to inspect OCTG for longitudinal and transverse defects. The system includes Echomac FD-4 14 channel electronics with a 220 mm UT rotary, and transverse and longitudinal Rotoflux® flux leakage units.
- For applications where several different types of defects or conditions need to be detected in the same product.
For Use With: Bars and Rods, Tubing
MAC’s experienced Mechanical Engineers and Research and Development Engineers have designed a number of custom NDT inspection systems for specific applications. Once approved by the customer, the design is manufactured, installed and checked out by MAC in the customer’s plant. MAC’s subsidiary in Sweden, M A Nordic also has many years of experience in designing and building complex systems for a number of ndt applications. MAC and M A Nordic custom applications have included:
- automotive parts for cracks, alloy, and heat treatment
- bearing races for cracks
- aluminum sheet for inclusions
- US Army ordnance parts for cracks
- rail testers (M A Nordic)
- For non destructive testing of specific products where standard testers and fixtures cannot be readily applied.
For Use With: Bars and Rods, Metal Parts, Tubing, Wire