Echomac® Full Body Tester for Ultrasonic Testing of Spinning Tube & Bar
Echomac® Spin the Tube Test System
- Versatile Ultrasonic Inspection system can be applied to tube, pipe and bar-stock applications.
- Precision conveyor with powered roller heads automatically calculates and maintains helical pitch of inspection.
- Multi-channel Test Head Assembly with easy one-knob adjustment for different diameters.
- Tolerates materials with lack of straightness.
- Material diameters between 50mm and 355mm (2”-14”) without changing bushings or glands.
- Uses familiar Echomac® FD electronics.
At the heart of the Echomac® Full Body Tester for Ultrasonic (UT) Testing of Spinning Tube and Bar is the unique Adaptive Pitch Control (APC) transducer carrier and the precision design ”Spin- The-Tube/Bar” conveyor.
With the use of a simple dial-in pitch controller, the operator can set a precise angle of helical pitch for the conveyor’s rotation of the tube/bar. The conveyor spins the material longitudinally past the ultrasonic transducers at the correct pitch, and the APC follower rolls automatically adapt to this angle.
- Handles material size changes with just one knob to adjust the roll separation, using the convenient diameter scale.
- Detects longitudinal and transverse defects, wall thickness and lamination to the 5% and 10% level in tube. Also detects inclusions in bar.
- Tests materials with ovality, and ones that are not as straight as is usually required by other test systems.
- Can be seamlessly installed into an existing production line, whether new or an upgrade of an older unit.
- Eliminates the need to adjust transducers for different tube or bar diameters.
- Ensures that sound entry point and incident angles remainconstant for any material size.
- Can be configured for 5-direction capability.
- Uses multiple UT element arrays and/or discrete elements, depending on test specifications.
- Includes premium grade precision conveyor, designed from the perspective of nondestructive testing (NDT) for spinning tube or bar applications.