MINIMAC® 50 & 55
Economic, Single-Channel Eddy Current (ECT) Testers
For Simple Inspection of Continuous Product
- Affordable, compact ECT testers offer high performance at a low cost.
- Both designs operate at speeds over 4000 f.p.m. (with standard coils), take up less space, and do not require cooling. (Higher speeds achievable with wide-spaced coils)
- Detect short surface and some subsurface defects in tube, bar, wire and rod.
- Designed with software controls for all functions including phasing,
filtering and sensitivity.
- Full-color polar and linear monitor displays of real time, true wave form signals.
- Enable on-site or remote location review.
With the Minimac 50 and Minimac 55, you no longer have to sacrifice performance for price.
These powerful, compact eddy current testers offer the robust capabilities of our top of the line, proprietary MultiMac® software, yet are much more affordable than you might think.Read More
- Simple operation: can be set up with a monitor on site, or via a computer network.
- Offer a broad frequency range – 1KHz to 5MHz.
- Typical applications include:
- Detecting short surface and some subsurface defects, including laps, slivers and cracks.
- Testing magnetic and non-magnetic grades.
- Finding weld line faults, including short ID or OD defects.
- Checking continuity and locating welds in single- and multi-conductor insulated wire and cable.
- Testing cut lengths or continuous product, on-line or off-line.
- Detecting magnetic inclusions with MID version of the Minimac.
- Minimac® 55, used with optional encoder, enables end suppression.
Designed for simple inspection of continuous product.
- An excellent choice for dedicated, continuous production testing of wire, cable and tube where simple setup without the need for constant operator adjustment is desired.
Tests cut lengths or continuous product.
- Finds weld line faults, including short ID or OD defects. Used with optional encoder, enables end suppression and automatic adjustment of filters to the optimum frequency for the line speed.