MAGNETISM DETECTOR DET-432
Indicates Residual Magnetism in Ferrous Material
- Checks bar stock, tubing and parts for magnetism levels that may interfere with subsequent machining or handling operations, or with the end use of the product.
- Indicates the degree and polarity of residual magnetism in iron and steel objects.
- Inexpensive, lightweight and easy to use.
- Convenient pocket size.
- Rugged construction.
The MAC® Magnetism Detector is widely used by steel suppliers and fabricators to determine residual magnetism in iron and steel objects.
The Magnetism Detector is in stock and available for immediate shipment via our Amazon store, click the relevant sidebar button.
It is a simple, yet effective, tool: just place the base of the indicating needle against the object you wish to test. The Magnetism Detector’s needle indicator will move to a point on the scale that represents the strength of the magnetic field (in gauss) of the material. The meter scale reads 20 units on either side of a zero center point, allowing for quick identification of the field’s polarity as well as the level of the magnetic field.
- Unit can also be used to check products such as tools, aircraft parts, or any product where magnetism could be a problem.
- Allows for quick identification of the field’s polarity as well as the level of the magnetic field.
- Calibration to a Level of +/- 1 gauss at 10 gauss is performed, prior to shipment.
- Accuracy is verified by a production sticker, which is applied and initialed by a member of MAC’s Quality Control staff.
- Calibration certificates are available upon request at the time of your order, at an additional charge.
- Volume pricing is available for orders of ten or more.
- Download the brochure for complete details.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Unit is not suitable for measuring the strength of electromagnetic fields created by AC power lines.
- Each piece should be tested separately, so that adjacent parts do not affect individual readings.