Rail Wheel Testing Using Phased Array System
MAC introduces two versions of Rail Wheel Testers using ECHOMAC® PA platform based on customer requirements.
One is a semi-automated solution using local immersion technique. Used for tread inspection of new and/or reprofiled wheels. This solution meets or exceeds EN13262, ISO5948 or AAR M-107/M-208 standards for tread inspection.
The second solution is a fully automated immersion tank. Performs tread and face inspection of rail wheels using two phased array probes simultaneously. This solution meets or exceeds EN13262, ISO5948 or AAR M-107/M-208 standards for tread and face inspection, while monitoring the backwall on the face side per EN 13262.
Both systems feature:
- 19” Touch Screen
- Step by Step screens for the operator
- Bar Code Entry and auto select setup
- Alarm for loss of interface, backwall drop,defect detection. (Visual, Audio and On screen)
- C-Scan imaging of test results (Top View)
- Position Encoded C-scans to locate defects on the wheel circumference
- Offline Data Analysis software for Level 3
- Digital inspection data can be saved perwheel serial number for future reference.