Echomac® 180mm PA System
Ultrasonic (UT) Phased Array System For Testing Broad Ranges of Bar Sizes
- Designed for situations where phased array ultrasonic technology is preferred to conventional rotary ultrasonics.
- Convenient cassettes hold transducers for different size ranges and allow for fast changeover times.
- Unique water box design minimizes water loss and bubbles while ensuring that bars are properly centered relative to the transducers.
Complementing MAC’s broad range of Rotary Ultrasonic testers, the Echomac® PA system is designed for those applications that can benefit from its unique capabilities, including high-speed parallel processing to handle a large amount of data.
The system is capable of generating normal incidence as well as clockwise and counter clock-wise shear waves electronically from transducer arrays, providing defect detection in both core and surface sub-surface. You can test a range of sizes, or fine tune incidence angles.
- Tests hot rolled bars, 90 – 200mm diameter (8 probes), and 50 – 100mm. (6 probes).
- Test throughput speed depending on phased array probes configuration and size of defect to be detected.
- Finds FBH (flat bottom hole) core defects 0.5mm or greater, at 25%, 50% and 75%, depth, depending on material size and quality.
- Finds FBH defects 0.5mm or greater at 3mm & 5mm depth from the surface.
- Finds SDH (side drilled hole) 0.5mm diameter or greater, from subsurface to core.
- Locates surface notches 0.2mm x 10mm length on hot rolled bars.
Echomac® 180mm PA live screen display of a calibration standard with defects
- Multi-element transducer probes (usually 128) are positioned at multiple locations around the bar, and can also be used for working at different angles of incidence and different depths.
- Echohunter® PA Software is based on the MAC Echomac® platform, which is recognized in the industry for power and flexibility.
- Sizes up to 200mm and other configurations are available, Including designs for round or square bars.