Method of Choice for Seam Type Defects
MultiMac® eddy current electronics provide the controls, processing and analysis for the Rotary. MultiMac® can also assign channels to an encircling coil test to detect short, intermittent defects, in combination with the rotary test, where needed.
20mm High Speed Rotary
ROTOMAC® 20mm HIGH SPEED ROTARY
High-Speed Testing of Small Diameter Wire, Rod & Tube for Longitudinal Defects
High-speed rotary features include:
- Operation at speeds up to 18,000 RPM for high production output.
- Highly sensitive non-contact testing with superior results
- New and improved, easy to set up Distance Compensation (a critical factor in testing ovate wire).
- Simple adjustment tools, with convenient dial-in diameter guide.
- Two spinning test probes that can be adjusted simultaneously for dimensional changes.
- Quick twist-on bushing holders.
- Probes that can be easily centered on the test product’s center of rotation.
- Simple probe replacement.
- Meets all applicable safety requirements.
The 20mm Rotomac® HS Rotary delivers high-speed ECT (Eddy Current Testing) for continuous wire operations that include drawing, spring-making, parts forming, and shape and cut. The system is designed to detect longitudinal surface flaws such as seams and laps, in products measuring from 2 to 20mm (0.0787-0.7874”) in diameter
- Continuous wire operations such as drawing, spring-making, and parts forming lines.
- Straight and cut operations.
- Operates in-line with straighteners, or off-line in a separate test station.
- Ferromagnetic, non-ferromagnetic, and austenitic materials.
- Tests round and ovate material.