AC FLUX LEAKAGE TECHNOLOGY IN NDT
130mm AC Flux Leakage Rotary
Highly sensitive AC flux leakage is especially well suited to test hot rolled black steel bars and rods that have surface conditions which used to make finding shallow defects very difficult, if not impossible.
- AC flux leakage systems use two magnetization yokes and alternating current to induce an alternating magnetic field.
- Without contact, these yokes magnetize the test material in the transverse direction.
- The magnetic flux is concentrated on the material’s surface due to eddy current effect, and is particularly sensitive to minor surface defects since the operating probe examines a very small portion of the entire surface at any one moment.
- MAC’s® Rotoflux® AC Flux Leakage Tester was designed for use with materials such as hot rolled black bar and can find defects as small as 0.1mm deep, depending on the material condition.
Superior Technology and Performance:
- The Rotoflux® AC is based on MAC Rotoflux® technology, which incorporates wireless signal transfer features to minimize noise while maximizing sensitivity.
- Provides full quadrature detection to preserve phase selectability, choice of all phase and chord gates, similar to conventional eddy current tester.
- Two surface ride Probe Arrays, consisting of 8 elements each, can cover up to 160mm per rotation.
- Operates up to 1500 rpm, depending on product diameter.
- Provides throughput speed of up to 4m/s (800 FPM) with larger diameters requiring slower FPM.
- Models designed to test hot rolled bar from 15mm to 180mm in diameter.